Sunday, January 22, 2012

IOS 5.0.1, Battery drainer

                                             ios-5-battery

A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices,” an Apple spokesperson told The Loop. “We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.

 iOS 5.0.1 came to fix this battery drainage issue but all in vain as Apple’s discussion forums are all filled with the complaints of battery glitch in new OS. Some of the users said that upgrade to new OS is more worst than the iPhone’s battery life.

 It's known, the fact that Apple accepted that there are some battery drainage issues with iOS 5. Most of the iOS 5 users complained about this issue then Apple took notice and issued an update to resolve that issue. But things doesn’t seems to be good for Apple because some of the users are still having issues with battery even after update OS to 5.0.1.

I did some tests myself with my gadget, 100% of times before upgrading to 5.0.1, my battery lasted, AT LEAST 2 days, playing sometimes, listening to music full time.Then I upgraded to 5.0.1 and simply my battery got sucked off my device in a couple of hours, I had to STOP using it to reserve battery to go walking home listening to music when I finished what I was doing in some place.

This is unnaceptable for devices that usually it's batteries lasted 3-4 days using constantly.So for you apple users, that have a Idevice, being it a Iphone or Ipod Touch, DO NOT upgrade it to 5.0.1, most of the users complain about this very issue discussed in this article, don't even bother, the 5.0 is bad but it's still better than the newest one.

I'm going to full restore it and go back to 5.0, if anyone else is in the same situation that I am, roll it back aswell, that's my advice.


A couple of comments:


"I had no problems with the battery on my new 4S, but decided to accept the "update" to 5.01. Now my battery is draining at approximately twice the previous rate with the same usage pattern. My normal usage pattern would drop me to perhaps 85% battery life left. Now the same usage pattern brings it down to 40%! I charged it up overnight, looked at one email this morning for 5 seconds, and it slipped down to 99%. You need to fix this immediately, Apple."


"Before the 5.0.1 update I actually didn’t have any battery problems on my iPhone 4S. But thanks to this update I now seem to have one, too :-( The phone was charging over night and I was already wondering that it displayed 98% when I unplugged it this morning, normally it would display 100%. And now after 20min of use (reading some news on the bus) and 1h 26min of standby, it is already down to 92%. 30min before now it was still at 94%. Up until yesterday it was at 97-98% at this time of day. Apple, maybe you fixed some battery problems, but you seem to have introduced new ones, too!"

This is it for now guys, thank you and have a good night.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as i can get through a full day without the battery dying on me, im fine with it.

Anonymous said...

That's why i use Android. <3 Never fails me.

Post a Comment

Sponsor